The Upper Mississippi Manufacturing Alliance recognizes that communication with students, parents, and educators of our region is important to share the wonderful career opportunities that are available in the manufacturing fields. For this reason, TUMMA’s largest and fastest-growing taskforce is our K-12 Taskforce working on exciting projects and events to bring exposure to manufacturing careers to students and parents!
2021 TUMMA K-12 Taskforce key areas
- Educate and update TUMMA members on INSPIRE.
- Continue Tech Ed / TUMMA events in spring and fall. Spring virtual and possibly in-person in Fall.
- Collaborate and communicate on the manufacturing Seven Rivers Regional Career Pathway.
- Award TUMMA scholarships and attend scholarship award nights at high schools to present them.
- Communicate virtual format to educators on the opportunities of Q&A sessions with students and manufacturers.
TUMMA members work with education leaders to develop communication and events to give first-hand exposure to the careers in manufacturing and the skills needed. Knowing the skills needed throughout a student’s K12 grades will give them a great advantage when entering higher education training and highly needed skilled trade positions.
Past events include facility tours, educator/TUMMA member gatherings at local high schools, Q&A with classrooms virtually, serving on high school panels, and working with education leaders on their development of new space in buildings that are being renovated and expanded.
TUMMA K-12 Taskforce 2021 Meeting Dates
April 15th 2pm to 3pm (note 3rd Thursday due to conflict on 2nd Thursday)
June 10th 2pm to 3pm
August 12th 2pm to 3pm
September 9th 2pm to 3pm
October 14th 2pm to 3pm
December 9th 2pm to 3pm